Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Green Nurse?
The Green Nurse is an organization of holistic cannabis nurses who seek to relieve the suffering via safe use of medical cannabis and natural alternative therapies. We are a whole home health consulting agency that serves as liaison between patients and the medical cannabis community.
- Cannabis Nursing is an emerging field and our nurses are members of the American Cannabis Nurses Association.
- Many of our nurses are members of the Cannabis Nurses Network.
- You can check out our staff Bio’s under the About Us section for more information.
- Green Nurse Sherri & Green Nurse Marissa all wrote Chapter 9 in the first Cannabis Nursing textbook, “Clarks Cannabis: A handbook for Nurses” to be published in 2021 and available in all nursing schools across the country.
The Green Nurse is a holistic cannabis nurse navigator who focuses on Bio-Psycho-Social-Spiritual aspects of healing using a total health care approach to empower patients to make choices to live their best life. We recognize nursing as the most compassionate of professions and understand all patients are unique, thus requiring diverse approaches to care. The Green Nurses teach on the endocannabinoid system (ECS), cannabinoid therapeutics and other wellness activities to support the ECS to manage symptoms for overall health and wellness.
Where do you see patients?
- Virtual Telehealth visits via phone or video chat
- Home visits – additional fees apply for driving time and gas
- Dispensaries (location dependent) – additional fees apply for driving time and gas
- Save at least 20% on taxes. Medical patients do not pay taxes at the registered medical dispensaries.
- 56 plus Medical Dispensaries approved for sales in Massachusetts
- Discount programs and vouchers
- Medical Cannabis Home Delivery
- Register up to two caregivers who are able to pick up your medicine on your behalf.
- Higher dosed edible products for medical cannabis patients.
- Patient supply is protected. Medical dispensaries must reserve 35% of their supply for registered patient’s.
- Patients don’t have to wait in the same lines as adult use consumers.
- Patient home cultivation is different. All registered patients are allowed to grow and maintain their own 60-day supply.
- Federal medical protections exist.
Patient Self-Questionnaire to determine if you should pursue a consultation with one of our providers.
Y N – I would like to pursue an individualized approach to optimize my cannabis results.
Y N – I’m seeking medical cannabis for an ill child or adolescent.
Y N – I would like to reduce my reliance on pharmaceuticals.
Y N – I have been diagnosed with cancer.
Y N – I have a cardiac or respiratory condition (arrhythmia, hypertension, asthma etc).
Y N – I have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Y N – I have a mental health disorder (schizophrenia, bipolar, etc)
Y N – I’m seeking cannabis to manage/improve a chronic or complex medical condition.
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, seeking a nurse consultation is important to ensure safe and optimal medical cannabis use.
- Clinical and Non-Clinical Educational Workshops
- Live Recorded Educational Events, Radio and Television
- Support Groups at your place of residence or business
- Media production with the The Green Nurse to promote and market your health and wellness business
- Educational Pop Up Events at your business with experienced Cannabis Nurses
- Green Nurse Approved Program – Do your services and products uphold Cannabis Nurse Standards? Let us evaluate your services and products for The Green Nurse stamp of approval.
What services do you offer other nurses?
- Consulting to assist the process in learning how to become a cannabis nurse
- Mentorship program learning how to take the clinical education learned in other training and how to apply to an actual patient consultation.
- Teaching how to consult on the endocannabinoid system and educate on cannabis approved cannabinoid products.